Stalbridge Cricket Club
Inclusion & Diversity Policy
Stalbridge Cricket Club, in all its activities, is fully committed to the principles of equality of opportunity in cricket, and to ensuring that its members and all other individuals working or volunteering for Stalbridge CC, and participating in or watching Stalbridge CC activities are treated fairly and are able to conduct their activities free from discrimination, harassment or intimidation.
- Stalbridge CC, in all its activities will not discriminate, or in any way treat anyone less favourably against on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
- Stalbridge CC will not tolerate harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of individuals.
- Stalbridge CC will endeavour to create access and opportunities for all those individuals who wish to participate, and are lawfully eligible to participate, in its activities.
- Stalbridge CC will ensure that it complies with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that its employees, members and volunteers adhere to these requirements and this policy.
- This policy is fully supported by the Stalbridge CC’s Officers and Management Committee who are responsible for the implementation of this policy.
Stalbridge CC is committed to the investigation of any claims when brought to its attention, of discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation of an individual, and reserves the right to impose such sanction as it considers appropriate and proportionate, where such is found to be the case.
- In the event that any member, volunteer, participant or spectator feels that he has suffered discrimination, harassment, bullying, abuse or victimisation, they should report the matter in writing to the Management Committee of Stalbridge CC.
- Any such report should include: details of what occurred; when and where the occurrence took place; any witness details and copies of any witness statements.
- The Management Committee:
may decide (at its sole discretion) to uphold or dismiss the complaint without holding a hearing;
may (at its sole discretion) hold a hearing at which both parties will be entitled to attend and present their case;
will have the power to impose any one or more of the following sanctions on any person found to be in breach of any policy: (a) warn as to future conduct; (b) suspend from membership; (c) remove from membership; (d) exclude a non-member from the facility, either temporarily or permanently; and (e) turn down a non-member’s current and/or future membership application; and
will provide both parties with written reasons for its decision.
- A party may appeal a decision of the Management Committee to Dorset County Cricket board by writing to Dorset County Cricket Board within 3 months of Stalbridge CC’s decision being notified to that party.
- If the nature of the complaint is with regard to the Management Committee of Stalbridge CC the complainant may report the complaint directly to Dorset County Cricket Board.
This policy will be reviewed periodically by Stalbridge CC in consultation with the England and Wales Cricket Board Limited.